Thursday, November 5, 2009

Shell Motif Explored Further part 3

Under a week to go til I see the surgeon who kept me waiting for almost three years to replace my arthritic hip. That'll be six weeks after the operation. I should be walking by then but it's still a slow process to getting back to normal. One of the first questions I'll ask the surgeon is when I can dive again. I'll certainly follow the experts' advice - I'd hate to have to go through all this again if my hip got dislocated and it wouldn't be worth getting back in the underwater world before my hip was completely ready for it. I can almost walk without crutches and actually managed to do that yesterday in my first session in the hydrotherapy pool. It was great to immerse myself in water again - the water allows you to walk without crutches, which was a weird feeling after 5 weeks of crutch use.
This drawing (pen, ink, watercolour, gouache, pencil, charcoal) one has all sorts of weird motifs and ideas: many of the faces and figures come from a book about Tintoretto's art and life but there are also Jelly Roll Morton and another jazz cat (Teddy Hill I think) plus a dog by Bassano. There's also some seaweed and a starfish leg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home