Friday, October 16, 2009

Dabbling in the dark

I've finally emerged, with the aid of crutches, from my bed of convalescence and managed to muck around with pen, inks, watercolour and brush for an hour or so. It was good fun and I'll continue to explore the possibilities. The idea is to be as spontaneous as possible, in the tradition of Japanese and Chinese ink and brush: load the brush with black ink and let the line lead you; then I added colour with an ancient set of watercolours I found in the garage and some equally ancient watercolour inks with beautiful luminosity, finished off with Rapidograph.



2 Comments:

At October 16, 2009 at 11:50 PM , Blogger Geneva Lorraine said...

I really love your paintings. I was really impressed by them.

 
At October 18, 2009 at 11:41 PM , Blogger Rick said...

Thanks very much for your appreciation. Yours is also the first comment I've had on my diving blog so that's cause for further celebration on my part!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home