Friday, October 9, 2009

Aquatic Adventures in Abeyance


It's an unusually cold Spring day in Penrith as I sit and contemplate our small backyard: my contemplative view for a week already and for another few weeks to come, as I recover from having an arthritic hip replaced with a titanium version.
How much longer until I can get back underwater? This depends on my recovery, of course. The physiotherapist mentioned six months, which is longer than I'd hoped. My last dive was in late August and a six-month recuperation means I won't be sucking air from a reg until March 2010! I think six months could be the maximum but I'm definitely not going to push it and jeopardise my full recovery; besides, a dislocation at 30 metres underwater wouldn't be pleasant!
I'll try to maintain the blog, illustrated with aquatically-themed drawings and paintings, once I can sit comfortably in my little studio. A previously-painted fish adorns this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home