Friday, September 19, 2008

Bare Island 20th September 2008

Dive No. 319.
10.43 am, 15 degrees, 71 mins, 15.5 max, 11.6 av
DM Greg took a large group to the eastern side but I buddied Patrick and we went west, along with Dave B and Charlotte. Conditions were perfect and the tide was really high, which made getting in and out a real breeze. A long dive slightly marred by leaking mask, led to increased air consumption near the end. I exited with only 15 bar and my computer wanted me to do a 4 minute safety stop, I suppose from being at about 14 metres for a long time. The sponge gardens were beautiful because there weren’t too many divers around to churn up all the sand and affect the vis. We saw about 4 PJs, a yellow moray, a dead blind shark, cuttle, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home