Monday, February 4, 2008

Fish Rock 2nd February 2008

Dive No 292 9.27 am, 18 degrees, 14 mins, 18.3 max, 11 av
Bit of a disaster this one - very rough conditions and a strong current made it hard for me to get to the mooring line at the bow. Plus my mask was leaking and I quickly got out breath and had trouble getting it back. By the time I was OK everyone had well and truly gone. I got to the bottom but the vis was the worst I’ve ever experienced at Fish Rock, literally like swimming in dirt! It must have been half a metre vis at best. I didn’t trust my ability to leave the mooring line and have a look around and then get back to the boat by myself so I looked at a few passing fusiliers and an anemone just near the anchor and then ascended. No-one else was very impressed by the dive either, though they had a lot longer bottom time than I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home