Sunday, November 25, 2007

Fairy Bower, 24th November 2007




Dive No. 281. 10.55 am, 19 degrees, 64 mins, 7.6 max, 6.1 av
We (Liz, Caroline and Chris and I) headed east from the beach (submerged at high tide) to see if any dusky whaler sharks had started their Manly summer sojourn. We didn't see any of these sleek juveniles so we slowly meandered back towards the western side. I kept losing everyone else and, after surfacing a few times to look for the others, eventually crossed over to the western side by myself where I nearly tripped over a large, sleeping wobbegong. A dwarf lion-fish was the main attraction (I wonder if he was swept down from the tropics by some weird current) and there were plenty of drummer, blackfish, mullet, yellowtail, leatherjackets, morwongs, and assorted wrasse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home